A Solid Preventive Dentistry Strategy Keeps You Away From The Emergency Room
Have you ever had a dental emergency, requiring emergency dental care, requiring a toothache remedy or other solution for intense pain that you were experiencing?
While we don’t wish the need to find an emergency dentist on anyone, we do understand that it happens to the best of us. However, this is where preventive dentistry takes a much more proactive approach to your oral healthcare to subsequently minimize the need for a quick trip to a 24 hour emergency dentist.
Maintaining healthy gums and teeth is about more than just ensuring that you brush a couple times a day. When you visit us, we’ll do a complete examination so that we have a starting point of the overall oral health you currently maintain. From here we can determine if there is any type of gum disease and determine the source of any type of sore gums.
With a plan, a strategy, we can plot the course from where you are today and how we can improve your oral health through a comprehensive approach, combining regular cleanings, fluoride treatment and a better overall approach to daily care. Would it surprise you to know that many people brush and floss wrong?
This is one of the greatest causes of tooth decay; in fact, more so than even a diet with a fair share of sugar.
Some Home Remedies For When We Can’t Find A Dentist Open On Sunday
Look, emergencies happen. What do you do when you can’t find a dentist open on Sunday, yet you have a huge toothache that is making you crazy?
Some Home Remedies for Toothaches:
Many folks want to know what to do for a toothache when going to a dentist simply isn’t an option.
- Would you be surprised to learn that your short term cure for a toothache can be resolved if you keep a little bit of clove oil on hand at your home? You can buy yourself some time before getting to the dentist. Yes, clove oil contains an ingredient called eugenol that literally numbs any part of your skin that it touches. Not a bad short term solution!
- Are your gums bleeding? Yes, you guessed it, break out that clove oil again and apply it to the gums. Not only will it stop the bleeding, but it will reduce the swelling as well.
- What about those of us that suffer from Bruxism (grinding teeth)? Teeth grinding is a pretty serious condition and something that you need to talk to your dentist about as quickly as possible. From fractured teeth to developing jaw joint disorders, teeth grinding is not something that you want to play with.While there is not a single solution for all of those that grind their teeth, a surefire solution to ensuring that you don’t damage your teeth is to use a mouth guard at night. Certainly you want to get to the source of “why” you’re grinding your teeth, but sometimes that can be more difficult than imagined.A mouth guard is a great asset of Preventive Dentistry.
What Causes Bad Breath?
In addition to a healthy diet, the way in which you brush and floss will have a direct impact on your breath. Bad breath remedies are actually pretty straight forward.
Start by ensuring to clean your tongue. Remember, your mouth is full of bacteria and it’s this bacteria that is causing the bad breath.
By cleaning your tongue, you greatly reduce the possibility of that bacteria from spreading. Also, a simple mouth rinse would be a great idea if you have more bad breath than you’d like.
Dry Mouth Remedy at Home
When you have reduced saliva production, you experience what is referred to as Dry Mouth, or xerostomia. The causes of this are many, but what you can do for some simple dry mouth remedy are the following:
- Sip water,
- Breath through your mouth rather than your nose,
- Add some humidity to the air while you sleep,
- Chew on some sugar-free gum.
While none of these solutions solve the actual underlying cause of dry mouth, they will give you relief and trigger the saliva glands to produce more saliva than you currently are.
Gingivitis And Periodontal Disease
Gingivitis is essential stage 1 of what can later become more advanced gum disease. Once plaque has had a chance to establish itself on the teeth, the gums begin to become enflamed and infected.
Typical preventive dental actions can reverse gingivitis relatively quickly. The best gingivitis treatment is regular brushing and flossing, as this will generally do the trick. This is the importance in having solid guidance with respect to your preventive game plan. That is what we are here to help you with.
However, if gingivitis is not attacked early on, this can result in more severe periodontal disease, something that is not simply reversible via brushings and flossing.
When things get to this stage, this means that the infection and inflammation is now up around the actual teeth. The disease causes the gums to separate from the teeth, literally causing tooth loss. This is why it is imperative that you create a plan with a qualified dentist to ensure that something as preventable as this never happens.
There are many dental plans to ensure you maintain preventive dental care. It is in the best interests of every one that we all maintain great oral healthcare. While determining the best full coverage dental insurance is something of an art rather than science, we have made sure to participate in some of the best programs to ensure that our patients are able to use their affordable dental insurance to maintain their dental care.
We’d love to have the opportunity to sit down with you and create a comprehensive preventive dental plan. Simply visit our “About Us” page and schedule an initial consultation with us in order for us to begin the process. We look forward to working with you!